Thursday, January 6, 2011

Top Strategy #5 of 7 Turning Dreams into Reality: Steps for Avoiding Sabotage.

Top Strategy #5: Avoiding Sinkholes and Quicksand on Your Journey to Dream Attainment.
Now that you have all the tools and resources you need at your disposal, you are ready to begin your incredible journey toward your dream goal. But before you do that, it is critically important to identify where you may run into roadblocks, sinkholes and quicksand. These are situations that could arise and throw you completely off course, sabotaging your efforts and creating a barrier to your dream attainment.
By identifying the situations, barriers and circumstances that can  up front, you can preplan how you will handle them when they appear. Knowing ahead of time what you to do will allow you to have a ready solution in your pocket when that moment arrives. And those moments will appear just when you thought you had everything conquered.
Example: Let’s use this blog challenge as an example. My desired outcome is to blog 31 times in 31 days. Barriers for me personally include time constraints with balancing an educational program I’m completing in conjunction with running a business, taking care of a 3-year-old, helping my 20-year-old, managing a household as a sole provider, etc.
My solution? To take one day, block out time and write the entire week’s blogs at once; I will then program each one to go out on the day I wish. 
By being aware of other demands and finding a solution ahead of time, I will be able to achieve the Blog Challenge Goal. And if a difficult situation does occur, such as my little daughter being sick and having to stay home, I can move that block of time to the next day, or get up early or work after she’s in bed. But once it’s done, I don’t have to think about it anymore during the week. This frees up my mind to focus on other tasks of importance.
Work it out now!
Tune in tomorrow for
Top Strategy #6: Silencing the Negative Self-Talk and Destructive Gremlins in Your Head.
Cheers,
Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment