Monday, January 31, 2011

The Roots, Effects and Solutions to Low Self-Esteem

The Roots, Effects and Solutions to
Low Self-Esteem

Fact: Nearly 87% of the population suffers from low self-esteem in one or more areas of their life.  It could be work, it could be relationships, it could be making financial decisions, or your physical appearance.

Fact: Nearly all self-esteem issues are rooted in childhood.  This is when the fragile ego is either strengthened or broken.  What is told to us as children we assume as a fact…an indisputable truth.  Hence, if we are fed a lot of critical and negative statements as children, we internalize them as true. And then we begin to record them as our own assessment of ourselves.  It becomes an endless loop of negative self-talk that we carry on into our adulthood.  There it wreaks havoc on our life, costing us in relationships, happiness, joy and success.


In my personal quest to continually provide the best solutions and programs for my clients, I am constantly researching information.  Recently I was working on new techniques to help clients with low self-esteem. By the time I was done, I was dismayed with the huge amounts of useless information and tips.  It was all focused on, “just do this” and “just do that”.  They made it sound like it was so easy to fix this issue.  But it is not. And very few articles gave the “how to” of “just do it”.

I understood that if I found it useless, I know those looking for answers to their own low self-esteem issues probably walked away feeling hopeless.

In my quest to help women overcome dips in self-esteem and become confident, courageous and successful, I feel it a necessity to point out these useless tips and give you some very concrete actions you can take.


Tune in shortly for Part 2: TOP 3 Most UseLESS Tips on Improving Self-Esteem.

To your TRUE success!

Kathleen  

Kathleen Aston
Founder & Life-Fulfillment Strategist

For more information on your complimentary 30-minute coaching session, call 888.447.1191

No comments:

Post a Comment