Friday, January 28, 2011

The Role of Self-Esteem in TRUE Life Fulfillment: Part 2 of 6 today

Yesterday, I redefined the world’s unofficial definition of “life fulfillment.” So for those of you who missed that entry, here is the descriptor as I have defined it. You may look back to yesterday’s blog to see how I made this new construction from Merriam-Webster’s dictionary and Rodale’s Synonym Finder!
TRUE life fulfillment: A state in which a human being, having developed the full potentialities of all his or her talents and abilities, is fully realized and complete.
Working with this new definition, I ask the question: What are all the components we would have to develop to their “full potentialities” in order to be on the path to creating a fully realized life?
And I want to start with BUILDING BLOCK #1: Self-Esteem.
To realize our full potential for health, happiness, love and prosperity, it is my belief we must examine our self-esteem. Now, many of us will immediately say that our self-esteem is in fine working order. But if you really stop and evaluate, you may be surprised to learn that your self-esteem may be suffering, perhaps just a little, in one or two areas of your life. Or, on the other side of that coin, you may find that your self-esteem is in tatters and needs to be carefully mended back together.
No matter where your levels are, it is important to address them.
As an example: I consider myself, as a self-esteem and confidence expert, to have very high marks in both categories. However, I recently engaged in an assessment. Although my ratings overall were very high, I had a slight dip in one category. My first reaction was that that can’t be right. But then I read the overall assessment for that category and found that it was right.
It had to do with my self-care. The fact that I didn’t exercise regularly or have regular meals and things of that nature indicated on the assessment that I do not put self-care first. I think this is a stumbling block for MANY WORKING WOMEN who place their families’ needs and their work needs ahead of their own needs. So, even I have work to do!
Self-esteem is the number one issue—embodying our opinion of ourselves and how we perceive others’ opinions of us. It is the “THINKING” mechanism that drives the ability to build self-confidence. We have to get our self-esteem as high as possible to build the confidence and courage it will take to recognize and present our talents and abilities to the world in the first place.
Wait for my next blog in one hour…
Part 3: The Role of Self-Confidence in Achieving TRUE Life Fulfillment
To your TRUE success!
Kathleen
Kathleen Aston International
Founder & Life-Fulfillment Strategist

For information on your complimentary 30-minute coaching session, call 888.447.1191.

No comments:

Post a Comment