Monday, January 31, 2011

23 Blogs in Five Days...Done.

COMPLETED THE ULTIMATE BLOG CHALLENGE:

Last week I shared that I was participating in the Ultimate Blog Challenge.  Challengers were asked to complete 31 blogs in the 31-days of January.

As a entrepreneur, single mother, home owner, et al, I knew it would truly be a challenge.  But I took it anyway.  Six days ago, I was 23 blogs behind.  I put out on my Facebook a call for anyone who thought I could do it.  This was my way of making public my personal promise to myself, which is a great way to give  yourself extra motivation in a pinch. That Thursday night I wrote 10 posts, that Friday I posted them with graphics and all.

Then the weekend came.  My hands were full 16 hours both days with the activities of my three year-old.  I awoke this morning at 3 a.m. still 13 posts behind.  So I started writing.  It is now 4:28 p.m.  I am done!

Making a personal goal public is a  method I use often, because I do not like to suffer public defeat.  It's harder to take than a quiet, private one!  But, now here I am, writing my very last blog, on the very last day of the challenge.

It's a personal victory.  A promise made and kept to myself.  I feel GOOD! And now I can let it go, knowing that I completed what I set out to do.  And reminding myself that I can do anything as long as I have my BIG WHY in front of me, have my perseverance in line, and my motivation on high.

Here's to always keeping the promises we make to ourselves as if they were promises we make to our children.  Don't let yourself down. 

To your TRUE success!

Kathleen

Kathleen Aston
Founder & Life-Fulfillment Strategist

For your complimentary 30-minute coaching session, call 888.447.1191

No comments:

Post a Comment